TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) SDG Conventions agrees to provide 6’ exhibitor tables in 10×10’ booths, which will be located in the area designated “Dealers’ Area”. SDG Conventions agrees to make said tables and exhibit space available to the Exhibitor by no later than 8pm on Friday, April 20th, 2018 for load in and 8am on Saturday, April 21st, 2018 for setup. Exhibitor agrees to vacate convention hall premises by no later than 9pm on Sunday, April 22nd, 2018.
2) SDG Conventions agrees to be responsible for promoting the show. SDG Conventions makes no representations as to the number of attendees and/or customers who will be in attendance.
3) Subletting of tables is not permitted.
4) Each application will be processed on a first come – first served basis by merchandise category, with exceptions on a case-by-case basis (at the discretion of SDG Conventions).
5) Exhibitor shall be responsible for the actual setup of its displays. SDG Conventions shall not be liable for any loss or damage to Exhibitor’s property or for any personal injury suffered by Exhibitor or any of its agents. Exhibitor will hold SDG Conventions and the Tupelo Furniture Market harmless for any personal injury or damage to goods that may occur.
6) SDG Conventions, upon request, agrees to limited assistance in loading and unloading Exhibitor’s materials and to assist with setting up of tables. Exhibitor MUST have a hold-harmless agreement on file (available to sign at the event) with SDG Conventions to utilize this resource.
7) The following activities are prohibited in the Dealers’ Area at all times: Smoking or any burning of objects; sales of food or beverage products that are not pre-packaged; consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages, sales of bladed weapons, sales of contact lenses, sales of 18+ material, not limited to hentai, yaoi, yuri, porn, etc.
The Tupelo Furniture Market officially does not condone the sale of food products in the hall, however, SDG Conventions as an organization has no restrictions on sales of pre-packaged food items. Please be aware if you bring pre-packaged food items you do so at your own risk, we will defer to any requests from the venue should they arise. Fresh-made or non-packaged foodstuffs are not permitted at any time without the written consent of SDG Conventions. Drinks or Liquid refreshments are not permitted to be sold by any vendor at any point during the event.
8) All exhibitors shall have a signed copy of the SDG Conventions Exhibitor Contract (this document) on file with SDG Conventions. No exhibitor shall be allowed to sell merchandise or services at the convention facility without having a signed copy on file with SDG Conventions. No party shall be allowed to sell merchandise or services outside of the space deemed “Dealers’ Area” or in these areas outside of the given hours.
9) Exhibitors may play audio devices at low volume. SDG Conventions reserves the right to determine the definition of ‘low volume.’ Furthermore, SDG Conventions reserves the right to determine what audio content may be played during the hours of operation of the Dealers’ Area.
10) All exhibitors must claim their tables before Saturday, April 21st, 2018 at 9AM, or send written notice of reason for being late no later than 1 week before the date. Tables which have not been claimed by that time may be resold at the sole discretion of SDG Conventions.
A) Tables that are canceled within 30 days of purchase can be refunded one hundred (100) percent of its cost, however, the cancelation cannot be made after March 15, 2018.
B) Exhibitor agrees to hold SDG Conventions harmless for any lost investments or revenues as a result of either (a) unclaimed or (b) canceled tables.
C) If SDG Conventions is canceled because of an Act of God or other events beyond the control of SDG Conventions, and the event cannot be rescheduled, SDG Conventions will make good faith attempts to refund 50% of the amount paid.
D) Any breach of the provisions of this paragraph 10 due to communication failures will be handled in a best faith manner.
11) The Exhibitor agrees to comply with all municipal, state, and federal requirements, if any, in connection with all sales, including but not limited to any sales or other tax laws. Exhibitor will be responsible for reporting all sales and paying all sales tax at the conclusion of the event to SDG Conventions to be filed.
12) All exhibitors will obey federal, state, and local laws and ordinances regarding the sale of material which, intentionally or unintentionally, infringes upon the trademarks or copyrights of another party. Any exhibitor selling material which infringes upon the trademark or copyright of another party may be ejected without warning and without refund. SDG Conventions reserves the right to inspect and/or eject questionable material at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, the following products:
Bootlegged (burned) audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs
Burned or Bootleg video games (e.g. PlayStation, Dreamcast)
SDG Conventions takes no responsibility for any infringing material, and will fully comply with all requests from license holders and law enforcement to inform exhibitors of infractions. Exhibitors hold all responsibility toward licensed material and having written documentation on-hand of proper license permissions.
14) Exhibitors shall not display material which is deemed offensive or inappropriate. SDG Conventions has the sole right to determine what is or is not offensive or inappropriate. Exhibitors who continue to display material which has been deemed to be offensive or inappropriate may be ejected without warning and without refund. Furthermore, exhibitors shall not sell any “adult”-deemed material at the convention, in compliance with SDG Conventions policy, including but not limited to DVDs, doujinshi, suggestive body pillows, adult dating-simulation games and other adult material usually not for sale to customers under 18 years of age.
Exhibitors who sell such materials may be ejected without warning and without refund. Failure to comply is immediate grounds for ejection without warning and without refund. SDG Conventions reserves the right to determine if the material in question is “adult” in nature.
15) Exhibitors are expected to follow the same rules of behavior as the rest of the convention attendees during off-hours. Any Exhibitor ejected from the convention during those hours must leave immediately the next morning during the set-up time.
16) Exhibitors will have at thirty (30) minutes to close down for the night each evening. After the thirty minutes, the area will be closed. Under no circumstances will it re-open until the posted time the next morning.
17) Exhibitor is responsible for providing its own insurance, if desirable, to protect Exhibitor and Exhibitor’s property from damage, loss, theft, harm or injury. SDG Conventions will not obtain insurance on Exhibitor’s behalf. Exhibitor is solely responsible for its own company exhibited material, goods, samples, and other property.
18) SDG Conventions will close the Dealers’ Area after hours and provide security. SDG Conventions, however, is not responsible for any loss or damage to Exhibitor’s property which may occur.
19) Exhibitors shall keep all designated areas clean and will not nail, screw, or attach anything to the exhibit hall space. Exhibitors are asked to use only masking tape or pins in fabric panels to hang temporary decorations and refrain from using staples, nails, tacks or other forms of tape. Exhibitors are not to place stickers, paints, or deface venue materials in any permanent fashion. Signs, banners, and flyers may not be posted on venue property. A table will be available at a location designated by SDG Conventions for placement of extra flyers.
20) All displays, chairs, tables, and merchandise must be maintained within Exhibitor’s designated area.
21) Selling of items by Exhibitors on convention grounds, which includes the stated event location and adjoining facilities, their parking lots, other than the Dealers’ Area or any other designated area noted by SDG Conventions is NOT allowed during the weekend of any SDG Conventions event. This includes the selling of items inside hotel rooms, lobby, or its facilities (outside of specified Exhibitor rooms with full payment). Exhibitors who fail to comply will be ejected without warning and without refund.
22) Exhibitor will hold harmless SDG Conventions and event facilities or any of their respective officers, agents, employees, members, representatives or affiliates, from any liability, damage, loss, harm, claim, or injury to property or person of the Exhibitor, Exhibitor officers, agents, employees or other persons, whether caused by the negligence of SDG Conventions or event facilities, or from theft, fire, water, accident, or any other cause whatsoever.
23) SDG Conventions reserves the right to make changes to or amend this contract and has the final say on all matters pertaining to the use and function of the Dealers’ Area during the run of the show.